- First, I want to say, I like you guys. Thanks for following. This last week Glipho published an interview with me (you can read it here). I'm shocked it's been "shared" over 70 times, and I was surprised to see all the support from friends and family and followers about it and my writing endeavors.
|Painting by BreatheKeepBreathing|
- Yesterday, I hit page 500 of 700+ on the second draft of my manuscript. (Please note that my manuscript is doubled-spaced in courier font. It wouldn't be as large as 700+ pages in book form.) I'm way happy with how this novel is coming along. It still has a long way to go, but I feel like it's on the right course. I've fixed a lot of plot problems and some character and viewpoint ones.
- I've penned a rough draft plot description of my novel. You can find it on My Novel page. Yeah, the book is still untitled.
- I joined tumblr, thanks to my friend Michael for the suggestion. So, if you prefer to follow my blog there, you can find me here. Other than these blog posts, I'll mainly be praising my favorite stories (fandoms?) while bathing in anything writerly or readerly.
- I'm seriously thinking of getting a striking pen name. I have a few I really like in mind, but I'm open to suggestions. I might do a poll in the future to get feedback, so you can tell me what one you like best then, if you want.
- Starting this next week, I'm going to be doing some blog posts on Author's Think Tank. You can learn about Author's Think Tank on their site. They have an awesome Facebook group for writers, if anyone is interested.
- I have plenty of posts (articles?) I'm working on for this blog. Not gonna lie, I'm excited about them. Most are messy drafts or notes on paper, but here are some in the works:
- Calculating how long your novel will take to write
- Embracing the Writing Lifestyle--tricks on how to get the most out of writing with the time you have
- Writing empathetically vs. sympathetically or sentimentally
- Writing creepy
- Characters with intriguing obsessions
- Be teachable: learning from other genres
- Another story dissection of sorts
Whew. I feel weird having talked about myself for this long. If you're still reading this, thanks for being interested.
Have a great week!